Loading

Thursday, August 2, 2007

I DNT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE...


Owh… I this is my second time being attacked by this worm. It not really shocks me because I had removed this worm before. My friends keep asking how to remove this worm. I also do some research from the internet… ehehhe.. :D. The reason for me post this solution in this blog is to be my reference in the future. Maybe I can remember the solution for a few months but one day I believe I will forget it. I just open my blog and search the solution, it make my job easier :) This solution also might help someone.

 


W32.USBWorm spreads through USB drives. Prevents user from using Firefox, shows message which reads, "I DNT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE..."

Format the usb drive first (your data may loose) which carries the virus. No need to frmat the USB Pen Drive, delete the autorun.inf file and any folder whose name ends with .exe in the pen drive.

Press Alt+Ctrl+Del --> you can see 'Task Manager' --> click on Process tab --> Locate 'SVCHOST.EXE' (will see many SVCHOST.EXE, but select the one having 'User Name' same as your Windows login name). --> Click End Process button.

Way 1

Open Task Manager by holding Ctrl + Alt + Del and click on the process tab.

- Ignore the warning messages and stop the SVC.Host for the system's user name.

- Navigate to C:/Heap41a and delete the contents of the folder. Smile.


Way 2

Start Menu>Run>regedit press enter key

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL
CheckedValue reset it back to 1 from 2. ( to do that right click CheckedValue>modify>value data >

Beware of using USB Pen drive especially in the browsing center. Found some browsing centers in Bangalore too.

go to C:\heap41a and delete this folder, If the folder called test.exe delete that too from your desktop.

Clear all the key entries from this registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\ with entry called heap41a
W32.USBWorm.

Source: google


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More