Loading

Monday, November 16, 2009

Maybank Fake Email


When reach in the office, as usual will open my inbox email, then one of the email is from Maybank with subject “Notice: Account Problem”. I open up the mail and read it, email contain as below:

Dear Valued Customer,
We have sent you an urgent email regarding your Maybank account and some unknown transactions. Please view details below.

www.maybank2u.com.my/message_mbb

Maybank Group

I was bringing into another page as below.



ATTENTION: MAYBANK CUSTOMER


We blocked your account for security reasons after noticing several unauthorised third party login attempts. Your immediate attention is required to activate and restore access to your account.

*** REACTIVATE NOW ***

Note: We encourage you to immediately restore your account as limited accounts will be closed till further notice.

Sincerely,

Maybank Group
When I check the URL it not Maybank2u.com address, it http://www.m2unewbb.com/Message.html which make me suspect something wrong. When I check the URL for *** REACTIVATE NOW *** link, it not pointing to maybank2u.com

I open the maybank2u.com website by typing the URL by my self, there is no problem on my account. Moral of the story… be careful when using online bangking… if you not really sure what going on, batter contact maybank offices or customer service at 1-300 88 6688 (local) or 603-7844 3696 (overseas) any time, any day.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More